Protecting Your Privacy
In various places on the Sites, we collect “Personally Identifiable Information,” such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other information that can be used to identify you or contact you.
- Sojine will not share any of your Personally Identifiable Information, except for the information you choose to publicly disclose in the listings you publish, with our advertisers, or any third parties for marketing purposes.
- Sojine offers email anonymization & relay to protect your identity and reduce spam.
- Account information is password protected. Keep your password safe.
- Sojine does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from persons under the age of 13, and Sojine does not permit persons under the age of 13 to register on the Sites. If Sojine learns that a listing is by a person under the age of 13, Sojine will remove that listing.
Sojine, or people that place listings on Sojine, may provide links to third-party websites, which may have different privacy practices than Sojine. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies on these third-party websites. We encourage all users to read the privacy policies of every website they visit.
Registration is required to place a listing through our service or to use other types of functionality that require the service to recognize a user (e.g., Sojine Alerts). If you decide to register or sign up for certain services, you will need to give us certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as a valid e-mail address and zip code. You will also have the option to provide other Personally Identifiable Information such as your address. This Personally Identifiable Information will be used to personalize and improve your experience of our service. This information will not be disclosed to any third party without your explicit consent.
Registered users and users that provide their email address to Sojine may receive a copy of our newsletter and other occasional mailings from us regarding our service or the Sites. You may opt out of receiving future mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email. You can review and change your Personally Identifiable Information or password at any time on the My Profile tab in the My Account section.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Scripts
A “web beacon” is an electronic file that signals when a web page, an advertisement, a video, or other types of content has been viewed. A “script” is a short section of computer code included in a Web page or other content that can be used to set and access a cookie on your computer’s hard drive and to record your activity on a website. Web beacons and scripts can be used for several purposes, including counting and tracking visitors to the Sites, recognizing and accessing cookies, recording page view information, tracking and reporting audience information, and conducting research to improve the Sites.
Data We Collect
In addition to the Personally Identifiable Information you provide at registration or by using the service, we collect the following information:
- Listings content. When you place a listing or a review on the Sites, we collect a variety of information related to that listing (e.g., price, model). The public will see any information that you include in your listing, and as such, Sojine has no control over how this information will be used. For that reason, please think carefully about what Personally Identifiable Information you disclose in your listing. You can always edit or deactivate any of your listings.
- Discussions about listings. When you comment on a listing. You can always delete your comments.
- Correspondence. Correspondence between you and the other party initiated through our site, and correspondence to us.
- “Anonymous Information” such as your IP address, the type of browser you use, the pages on our Sites that you visit, the search terms that you enter, and the advertisements that you click. This information is used to help us diagnose problems, administer the site, and otherwise improve our service to you.
- Credit card information. Credit card information, including credit card numbers, is collected but not stored. We use trusted third-party vendors to handle secure credit card transactions for us. Our vendors use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and are PCI compliant.
Data We Store
The following information is stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived:
- Registration information.
- All listings, review, and comment content.
- Messages were sent in regards to listings.
- Activity logs and other records.
Although we make good faith efforts to store information in a secure environment that is not made available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
We may use the information you disclosed to us to:
- Provide our services to you.
- Provide customer service to you.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- Automatically scan messages to check for spam, fraud, phishing attacks, and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content.
Sojine may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to a legal process (e.g., subpoenas, court orders).
- Respond to claims that a listing or content violates the rights of third parties.
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Sojine, its users, or the general public.
Sojine may also disclose information with:
- Our partner websites if you create an account on one of those sites.
- Service providers under contract who help us with business operations such as fraud investigations.
The Sites are hosted in the United States. If you use the Sites from outside of the United States, you are voluntarily transferring information (potentially including personally identifiable information) and content to the United States and agreeing that Sojine’s collection, use, storage, and sharing of your information and content is exclusively subject to the laws of the United States, not of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
Last update May 15, 2021